July 23, 2008

A New Blog Template and Some Word of Thanks


If you have visited this blog for the past couple of days, you will notice that it has been redressed... or having a new template to say it simply. I haven't been posting for a couple of days because of the said redressing. Actually, the learning process took me more time than uploading the new template code. Oh! well, what to expect from a neophyte in the blogging world?! My former template which i had downloaded free and still in beta was giving me some problem in customizing the look and placement of contents. Hence, I resorted to using the classic blogger template but gave it some enhancements and simple tweaks i learned from other sites.

I guess in this post, it is just appropriate to give credits to whom credits are due. In customizing the HTML & CSS codes, i really appreciate the valuable tips and tricks specifically tailored for Blogger by bizwhiz of Tricks for New Bloggers and Amanda of Blogger Buster. Both sites have easy to follow tutorials in modifying the look of a classic Blogger template. A little skills in Photoshop in blending the images used in the blog header proved useful but of course my commendation goes to Smashing Magazine for the resources. Foremost, of course... my "thank you" goes to Blogger for the original template and almost everything for this blog to go live on the net.

Well, i guess everything's up in this blog... except of course for more posts. So. i better be up too...always!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment