July 8, 2008

Hydrogen from Water as Fuel... Will It Be The Ultimate Alternative ?

With the soaring prices of oil and petroleum derivatives nowadays, a lot of freelance scientists and even big time car industries are searching for means of using alternative fuel such as battery cell, solar energy, etc.. and even hydrogen which can be derived from a very abundant compound on earth….that is WATER. While browsing the web yesterday I came across a news which i believe is worth sharing here. Try to watch it and think if this car prototype can be mass produced and would eventually solve the global issues of oil crisis.


A follow-up news about this Japanese invention can be found here:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080616/153301/

While viewing the video, I came to remember some news on the Philippine tv in the late 90’s and I tried to search for the Filipino inventor of a water-fueled car who had been doing his invention for more than three decades.
Here’s what I found:









Without getting a positive support from the Philippine government for his invention, was he able to sell his design to rich automotive companies who is willing to invest on it? This might be a speculative thought but... let me just say it… Given the similarities of the prototypes, was the Japanese invention in fact modeled from Mr. Daniel Dingel’s design?
Well, I guess I’ll leave it to you to think about coz I am also clueless to those questions as well…but IMO, water can be a source of an alternative fuel…that is Hydrogen, however the handling of the gas would prove difficult, nevertheless, given a quality and safe design it will be possible. I say this because I had actually seen a hydrogen plant way back 2002, which produces Hydrogen from water by electrolysis splitting it from the other component which is Oxygen. It was used as a coolant for the generator of a power plant. Though different in application, hydrogen was isolated and thus, was used in some other way it could. With flawless design (or at least close to that), I believe it can indeed be a good fuel alternative of the future. Well… that’s just my viewpoint.
What’s your opinion on this issue?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment